Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Review: The Woman in Blue

The Woman in Blue The Woman in Blue by Elly Griffiths
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I very much enjoy Elly Griffith's Ruth Galloway series. Each new addition brings an interesting plot and the characters are portrayed so real - mistakes and feelings and all.

This one had an interesting twist -- Ruth, as the main character of the series, had a very minor role in the plot. She was really more of an outside party linked very tenuously to the main mystery, and we got a lot more depth from Nelson, which was a refreshing change of pace. We got some Cathbad involvement, which was awesome, because he's, well, Cathbad, but I do miss Judy! She had very little in this one. That provided some of the other police team members to have their turns to shine a little, and we got to know Tanya, Clough, and Tim a little better.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment