Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Review: Magic for Nothing

Magic for Nothing Magic for Nothing by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Seanan McGuire, you rock my socks. I dunno whether this review should be a love letter to your writing skills or a letter of supplication, begging for beta reading opportunities, friendship (like really, let's be BFFs and hang out every day), and a chance to be an Aeslin Mouse to your Awesomesauce Priestess.

This series has had a few POV changes. Each time, I've been wary for some reason, and then pleasantly appreciative at the development and growth of the world that these POV changes bring. This one was no exception. I wasn't sure I'd like Antimony, and trust me, I didn't like everything she said or did, but I LOVED her POV. She's strong, stubborn, a fighter, and hilarious. And damn, is she willing to make sacrifices for the ones she cares about. SERIOUS sacrifices.

This book emotionally destroyed me, and I loved every second of that destruction. Up until this book, I was more a fan of her October Daye series. Don't get me wrong, I loved Incryptid, but it just wasn't on the same level as Toby... but this installment seriously kicked it up a few notches, changed the stakes of the game even farther, and added some dark and powerful twists. It's now tied with Toby for me, at the very least. We will see how she cleans up the mess she made for our Cryptozoologist family in this installment in the next, and then I'll make a judgment call. But since it's Seanan, I have every faith she will pull off whatever she has in mind with gusto and emotion.

It's going to be a long year. Time to hit the blogging hard so I can make myself Berkeley-worthy at some point in order to get an ARC!

PRE-REVIEW/POST-FINISH THOUGHTS:
I'll try to write a review when I'm able to process.

*weeps*

And having to wait a year is going to kill me. I've never been more upset to wait for the next installment for ANY series than I am right now. #emotionallydestroyed

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment