Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Monday, May 15, 2017

Review: The Well of Ascension

The Well of Ascension The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I think I'll settle on 3.5 stars for this one.

I love most of Sanderson's work, and I really enjoyed the first Mistborn novel. I'm not surprised by the fact that the last 20% was the most entertaining -- that's a typical Sanderson thing. But so much of this one felt like "lather rinse repeat" before anything got done. Vin goes out into the mist, meets Watcher, talks to kandra, returns to Keep Venture. Elend and team discuss the future of the city, and deal with two armies/siege. Vin goes out into the mist... you get the idea.

The end did make me excited to read the next one, which is good, because when I started this one the first time, I barely made a dent before I put it down and then couldn't bring myself to come back to it. I think book three will be easier to pick up and finish the first time.

Those middle-of-a-trilogy books tend to be this way. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment